The final game of ISL Matchday 16 will pit SC East Bengal against Bengaluru FC. The clash between the two teams in the lower half of the table will take place at the Tilak Maidan in Vasco Da Gama, Goa.
The two sides are still hopeful of getting an ISL playoffs spot if they are able to string positive results in their next few games.
SC East Bengal occupy the tenth position in the ISL standings with 13 points from 14 matches. Bengaluru FC are three rungs above them. The Blues have accumulated 15 points from the same number of matches in their ISL 2020-21 campaign.
With both the sides being inconsistent, neither of them will have a clear advantage going into the clash on Tuesday. The teams could very well end up sharing the points at the Tilak Maidan
SC East Bengal
Subrata Paul, Rafique Ali Sardar, Debjit Majumder, Mirshad Michu, Gurtej Singh, Daniel Fox, Anil Chawan, Rana Gharami, Narayan Das, Samad Mallick, Lalramchullova, Abhishek Ambekar, Matti Steinmann, Mohammed Rafique, Wahengbam Angousana Luwang, Eugeneson Lyngdoh, Jacques Maghoma, Anthony Pilkington, Bikash Jairu, Sehnaj Singh, Surchandra Singh, C.K. Vineeth, N Rohen Singh, Harmanpreeth Singh, Milan Singh, Haobam Tomba Singh, Jeje Lalpekhlua, Balwant Singh, Yumnam Gopi Singh, Aaron Amadi-Holloway, Girik Mahesh Khosla, Loken Meitei, Mohammed Irshad
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Lara Sharma, Dipesh Chauhan, Lalthuammawia Ralte, Juanan, Rahul Bheke, Fran Gonzalez, Harmanjot Khabra, Ajith Kumar, Joe Zoherliana, Biswa Darjee, Namgyal Bhutia, Parag Srivas, Pratik Chaudhari, Wungngayam Muirang, Dimas Delgado, Erik Paartalu, Suresh Wangjam, Thoi Singh, Ajay Chhetri, Naorem Roshan Singh, Emanuel Lalchhanchhuaha, Amay Morajkar, Sunil Chhetri, Kristian Opseth, Cleiton Silva, Ashique Kuruniyan, Udanta Singh, Edmund Lalrindika, Leon Augustin, Semboi Haokip
Predicted playing XIs:
SC East Bengal
Debjit Majumder (GK), Narayan Das, Danny Fox (C), Scott Neville, Rana Gharami, Milan Singh, Mohammed Rafique, Matti Steinmann, Anthony Pilkington, Jacques Maghoma, Bright Enobakhare
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (GK), Parag Shrivas, Pratik Chaudhari, Rahul Bheke, Harmanjot Khabra, Suresh Singh Wangjam, Leon Augustine, Udanta Singh, Cleiton Silva, Kristian Opseth, Sunil Chhetri (C)
Match: SC East Bengal vs Bengaluru FC
Date: February 2, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Venue: Tilak Maidan, Vasco Da Gama, Goa
- Jeje Lalpheklua, who is a forward player from Indian signings. He is one of the best forwards in the country. He is coming back from an injury and hasn’t played in a competitive game in the ISL since February 28th, 2019. Since then, he has been recuperating and undergoing rehabilitation. Previously, he had spent five years with Chennaiyin FC.
- Eugeneson Lyngdoh, who is a central midfielder. He has signed for the Blues from Royal Wahingdoh in the I-League and also went on to play for the national side. He returned to Bengaluru FC last season but managed just two appearances before making the move to SC East Bengal this season.
- Daniel Fox, who is a central defender player. His leadership skills and experience at the top level of English football will allow East Bengal to maintain composure and balance at the back.
- Scott Neville, who is an Australian centre-back defender player. Fox will be helped out by Scott Neville who has a knack of shifting right and going up the pitch.
- Anthony Pilkington, who is a midfielder. He has scored 2 goals in a 3-1 win over Kerala Blasters in a pre-season 2020-21 friendly match.
- Gurdeep Singh Sandhu, who is a first goalkeeper to cross 10 clean-sheets in a single season.
- Juanan Gonzalez, who is a defender player. His arrival in 2016. He partnered with John Johnson central defence and has most recently partnered fellow Spaniard Albert Serran as well.
- Sunil Chhetri, who is a forward player and skipper of BFC-team. He is a second-highest goal scorer in the history of ISL with 39 goals in 74 appearances.
- Udanta Singh, who is a forward player and he scored 22 goals in the last season ISL league.
- Erik Paartalu, who is a midfielder. He has a great passing ability and the fact that he is able to dictate matches with his physicality has been key for to the success of the club.